Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
- Product manager for growing media - Finland or Estonia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Man enters chilli-eating contest. The chilli won.
- EC approves Bayer’s proposed acquisition of Monsanto
- Machinery company opens new Californian customer service facility
- China: The future of retail, premium brands and increased domestic production
- AU: Sustainability and expansion milestones for Manbulloo
Exchange ratesmore »
Punjab, India forms research board to lift mango production and exportsThe Punjab government in India has formed the Mango Research and Development Board (MRDB) with the objective of boosting mango production and increasing exports of the beloved fruit.
The MRDB will consist of 17 members, hailing from different governments departments, scientists, private departments, growers and exporters, the head of the Mango Research Station, Shujabad Abdul Ghaffar Grewal, said on Wednesday. He reported that regular meetings of the Board, chaired by Secretary Agriculture Punjab, were being held to review the mango crop protection. Well-known mango grower, Chaudhry Naek Alam (Rahim Yar Khan), is the chairman of Mango Research and Development Board.
The head of the MRS further said that Mango Research and Development Board would issue instructions to different research departments of the government to conduct particular researches. Apart from that, the board will also examine and offer every possible facility to exporters for earning maximum foreign exchange through the export of exotic fruit.
It would also resolve problems faced by growers, such as the registration of mango orchards, countering diseases at mango plants, fruit storage, its transportation and some other operations, which could help enhance yield, the official added.—APP
Publication date: 6/13/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: