Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Punjab, India forms research board to lift mango production and exportsThe Punjab government in India has formed the Mango Research and Development Board (MRDB) with the objective of boosting mango production and increasing exports of the beloved fruit.
The MRDB will consist of 17 members, hailing from different governments departments, scientists, private departments, growers and exporters, the head of the Mango Research Station, Shujabad Abdul Ghaffar Grewal, said on Wednesday. He reported that regular meetings of the Board, chaired by Secretary Agriculture Punjab, were being held to review the mango crop protection. Well-known mango grower, Chaudhry Naek Alam (Rahim Yar Khan), is the chairman of Mango Research and Development Board.
The head of the MRS further said that Mango Research and Development Board would issue instructions to different research departments of the government to conduct particular researches. Apart from that, the board will also examine and offer every possible facility to exporters for earning maximum foreign exchange through the export of exotic fruit.
It would also resolve problems faced by growers, such as the registration of mango orchards, countering diseases at mango plants, fruit storage, its transportation and some other operations, which could help enhance yield, the official added.—APP
Publication date: 6/13/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: