Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
Thailand pressures Nigeria to remove import currency restrictionsThailand has teamed up with the European Union, the US, Norway and Japan to pressure Nigeria to lift its foreign currency restrictions on 41 imports, saying Thailand's exports have felt the pinch from the move.
During a recent meeting of the Council for Trade in Goods under the World Trade Organization, Thailand raised the issue in discussions with some WTO members including the EU, Norway, the US and Japan. All sides agreed that the restrictions do not comply with the commitments given by Nigeria to the WTO, she said.
The restrictions have also started hurting countries exporting to Nigeria, said Ms Duangporn. Nigerian authorities say the move was further intended to sustain foreign exchange market stability, ensure the efficient use of foreign exchange and ensure that optimum benefits are derived from goods and services imported into the country. The items include palm products and vegetable oils, vegetables and processed vegetable products among other goods.
Publication date: 5/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: