Job offersmore »
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
- Category Manager – Avocado & Mango Australia
- International Buyer exotics (Spanish speaking) - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- South Africa: "Farming with grapes is a sprint, citrus is a marathon."
- Colombia: Chiquita accused of crimes against humanity
- Photos reveal Del Monte's new pink pineapple
- Greek producers are great trading partners for Poland
- "The PGI will strengthen our expansion project for Canary bananas in Europe"
Top 5 - last week
- Nutritional difference between red and green apples
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL PINEAPPLE MARKET
- South Africa: perfect storm of climatic conditions caused Navel splitting
- Overview of CPMA awards for industry leaders and new products
- Argentina unable to export fruit to China due to lack of quality and high logistical costs
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Thailand pressures Nigeria to remove import currency restrictionsThailand has teamed up with the European Union, the US, Norway and Japan to pressure Nigeria to lift its foreign currency restrictions on 41 imports, saying Thailand's exports have felt the pinch from the move.
During a recent meeting of the Council for Trade in Goods under the World Trade Organization, Thailand raised the issue in discussions with some WTO members including the EU, Norway, the US and Japan. All sides agreed that the restrictions do not comply with the commitments given by Nigeria to the WTO, she said.
The restrictions have also started hurting countries exporting to Nigeria, said Ms Duangporn. Nigerian authorities say the move was further intended to sustain foreign exchange market stability, ensure the efficient use of foreign exchange and ensure that optimum benefits are derived from goods and services imported into the country. The items include palm products and vegetable oils, vegetables and processed vegetable products among other goods.
Publication date: 5/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: