Job offersmore »
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
- Eco Brewing & Growing Technician - UK
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Updated statistics on US greenhouse veg production per state
Gary Hickman of Cuesta Roble Consulting has once again updated his latest report that estimates the acreage and number of greenhouse growers in the U.S. by state. According to Hickman's report, the largest number of greenhouse vegetable growers/producers are located in the states of Pennsylvania – 593, New York- 435, California- 427, Maine-386 and Michigan-341.
The rankings by number of acres of greenhouse vegetable production per state are somewhat different from the number of growers: California- 650 ac., Arizona- 319 ac., Texas-187 ac., New York-115 ac., Florida- 81 ac.
With the average U.S.A. sales/acre of greenhouse grown vegetables at $280,000, the states with the largest number of acres of greenhouses are also the top 5 states in the category of sales/state (million $): California- $165, Arizona- $124, Texas- $47, New York- $27, Florida- $15.
Of the total number of greenhouse vegetable farms, 1,515 are certified organic producers, and account for 460 ac.
For more information we direct you to Hickman's North American Greenhouse Vegetable Production Statistics, 2017 edition.
Publication date: 5/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: