Job offersmore »
- Senior Manager, Technical Advisory and Category Management - Vantaa Finland
- Junior Trader Europe Division - Europe
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- "New melon programmes from Honduras are a nice addition"
- World Vegetable Map 2018: More than just a local affair
- Drones and laser labels for sustainable banana production
- An Australian first, blood oranges processed for Sicilian customers
- Mexico: Avocados from Jalisco will enter the US, regardless of what happens to the NAFTA
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Ethical Trading Initiative suspends Fyffes' membershipThe Ethical Trading Initiative (ETI) has decided to suspend banana producer Fyffes’ membership. This follows a complaint received by ETI of reported human rights abuse by Fyffes on a honduras melon plantation back in April 2016. The complaint was from from the International Union of Food Workers (IUF) and Banana Link, an NGO, both members of ETI.
Following the suspension announcement, the executive director of ETI Peter McAllister, said that “workers should be able to enjoy their right to be represented by those they choose and so engage with management”.
He stated that this issue has been one at the heart of the dispute between the IUF, Banana Link and Fyffes.
As recommended by the subcommittee of the Board, Fyffes will be required to work with the IUF to reach a “mutually agreeable framework for engagement” within a period of 90 days. Failure to do so within the time parameters would result in expulsion from ETI membership.
Publication date: 5/10/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: