Job offersmore »
- Export Sales Manager grapes and citrus
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- South African plant stops pineapple concentrate production
- Hort Connections: The global trends influencing the industry
- Chile is one of the main fruit suppliers in Turkey
- International Sweet potato Centre training Ghana farmers on production
- Argentina still depends on Chilean avocados to meet the demand
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Ethical Trading Initiative suspends Fyffes' membershipThe Ethical Trading Initiative (ETI) has decided to suspend banana producer Fyffes’ membership. This follows a complaint received by ETI of reported human rights abuse by Fyffes on a honduras melon plantation back in April 2016. The complaint was from from the International Union of Food Workers (IUF) and Banana Link, an NGO, both members of ETI.
Following the suspension announcement, the executive director of ETI Peter McAllister, said that “workers should be able to enjoy their right to be represented by those they choose and so engage with management”.
He stated that this issue has been one at the heart of the dispute between the IUF, Banana Link and Fyffes.
As recommended by the subcommittee of the Board, Fyffes will be required to work with the IUF to reach a “mutually agreeable framework for engagement” within a period of 90 days. Failure to do so within the time parameters would result in expulsion from ETI membership.
Publication date: 5/10/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: