Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- Greenyard gives first estimate of financial impact of recent recall
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Looking inside the packing house of a California avocado grower-shipper
- Tsunami hits Mallorca and Menorca
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
The seedless watermelons that are consolidating in the marketsThe watermelon campaign is underway in Almeria, with production in full swing at the moment. The harvest kicked off in mid-April, and although the exceptional low temperatures of this last month in Europe have slowed the consumption down at the beginning of the campaign, the quality this Year is exceptional, according to the company Caparrós Nature.
The Almeria-based company only works with black and striped seedless watermelons, which are shipped mainly to the Spanish, German and Dutch markets, among others.
According to Caparrós Nature, what the final consumer demands is high quality, which is the best way to earn customer loyalty. "Our Caparrós Premium seedless watermelon is consolidating as a leading name in its segment. It is well received in both national and international markets. Our goal is to continue growing and earning the loyalty of our customers thanks to its extraordinary quality," state the company's representatives.
Caparrós Nature presented its new watermelon campaign in Almería on 26 March at the Maestro Padilla Auditorium, with the collaboration of the Ciudad de Almería Orchestra. During the event, they showcased their Caparrós Premium seedless watermelon, Inés de Inés, offering tastings to the approximately one thousand people in attendance.
"We are a business group that covers the entire value chain, from production in our own farms to fresh cut processing. Our watermelon campaign lasts until October and we sell a watermelon gazpacho. Apart from this, we would like to emphasise our strong commitment to integral sustainability; that is, economic, social and environmental sustainability. Right now, for example, we are the only Andalusian company signed and registered in the Ministry's sustainability Decalogue, and our Caparrós "Saludable Social y Solidario" ("Healthy, social and Solidary") project received the Naos Award for entrepreneurship 2015."
For more information:
T: +34 950297669
Publication date: 5/10/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: