Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New mango variety developed in IndiaMango lovers this summer will get to enjoy a new variety named "Yogi", after chief minister Yogi Adityanathwill. The variety was developed by the famous mango grower Padamshri Haji Kalimullah.
Kalimullaha, 74, who had earlier named mangoes after Prime Minister Narendra Modi and actresses, has developed the “Yogi mango” in his orchard in the Dussehri mango belt in the Malihabad area in India.
The “Yogi mango”, he says, is grown naturally, is slender and beautiful and is a hybrid of the famous Dussehri mango variety.
“However, as the mango is still not ripe, nothing can be said about its taste but I hope it will be good”, Kalimullah said.
Asl-ul Muqarrar, the bright red Husn-e Ara, Sharbati Bagrain, Pukhraj, Walajah Pasand, Khas-ul Khas, Makkhan, Shyam Sunder, Prince, and Himsagar varieties of mangoes are among hundreds of his creations.
Publication date: 5/8/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: