Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
New mango variety developed in IndiaMango lovers this summer will get to enjoy a new variety named "Yogi", after chief minister Yogi Adityanathwill. The variety was developed by the famous mango grower Padamshri Haji Kalimullah.
Kalimullaha, 74, who had earlier named mangoes after Prime Minister Narendra Modi and actresses, has developed the “Yogi mango” in his orchard in the Dussehri mango belt in the Malihabad area in India.
The “Yogi mango”, he says, is grown naturally, is slender and beautiful and is a hybrid of the famous Dussehri mango variety.
“However, as the mango is still not ripe, nothing can be said about its taste but I hope it will be good”, Kalimullah said.
Asl-ul Muqarrar, the bright red Husn-e Ara, Sharbati Bagrain, Pukhraj, Walajah Pasand, Khas-ul Khas, Makkhan, Shyam Sunder, Prince, and Himsagar varieties of mangoes are among hundreds of his creations.
Publication date: 5/8/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: