Job offersmore »
- Junior Buyer / Seller - Spain
- Product Manager - Netherlands
- Technical Support Specialist - USA
- Manager Product Development - UK
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Graduate Grower - Tomatoes - Australia
- Crop advisor - Canada
- Horticultural and Hydroponic Sales Specialist - Western Canada
- Greenhouse Manager Tomato and Strawberry - Azerbaijan
- Algemeen Directeur
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Scottish food exports to Asia grow by £72 million
Figures show Scottish food and drink exports to Asia grew by £72 million in 2016, with exports to Asia hitting £1.055 billion, marking an increase in value by 7%.
Latest statistics also show food exports grew by 41% to £160 million and dairy, eggs, fruit and vegetable exports improved by 71% and 28% respectively.
International said: “Asia continues to be a priority under the Scotland Food and Drink Export Plan. The team of in-market specialists in China, Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan are helping Scottish companies access new opportunities in this dynamic market on a daily basis opening doors to leading retailers and food service organisations."
“The recent export figures demonstrate strong consumer demand across this rapidly growing region for Scotland’s high quality premium food and drink products.”
Publication date: 4/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: