Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Karnataka, India plans to export 2,000 tonnes of mangoes to US
Mango lovers in the U.S. can lay their hands on the “king of fruits,” which will be shipped all the way from India's Karnataka state. Karnataka is one of the top mango growing states in India, with at least 1.7 lakh hectares in 16 districts used for cultivation of the fruit.
The state is planning to export close to 2,000 tons of mangoes, marking the first time such a large consignment of the fruit is being exported to the U.S., according to a report in the New Indian Express.
Kadregowda, managing director of the Karnataka State Mango Development and Marketing Corporation Limited, told the publication that alphonso, banganapalli, kesar and dasheri varieties of the fruit will be sent the U.S., adding that until last year mangoes from the state were exported to the U.K., Australia, the Gulf countries and Malaysia.
Publication date: 4/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: