Job offersmore »
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
- Product Development and R&D Engineer (Greenhouse and Equipment) - Canada
- General Manager Latin America - Mexico
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Demand for purple sweet potatoes is growing because of their medicinal qualities
The most outstanding nutrients of purple sweet potatoes are selenium and anthocyanin. "These components are used for the prevention and treatment of more than 100 diseases," stated Ms. Meilin Jia, the Sales Manager of Qingdao Justop Industry and Trade Co. This product is grown in various regions of China, such as Shandong, Hebei, Shanxi, Fijian, Hubei, Hunan, Guangdong, etc. However, in most areas, producers don't have large-scale plantations of this product.
The production level has increased in recent years. The Qingdao Justop Industry and Trade Co, for example, has achieved producing 30,000 tons. The export volume, however, only amounts to 3,000 tons, which are sent to different markets, such as Canada (1,200 tons), the Netherlands (600 tons), or the United Kingdom (500 tons). This product's price stands at US $700 to 800 / mt FOB Qingdao. "It is a fairly stable price which has not undergone major changes in recent years," stated Meilin Jia.
For more information:
Ms. Meilin Jia (sales manager)
Qingdao Justop Industry and Trade Co.,Ltd
Tel.: +86 186 61790326
Fax: +86 532 86877388
Publication date: 4/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: