Job offersmore »
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
- Horticultural Consultant - Sydney, Australia
- Technical Assistant - East Malling (Kent), UK
- Greenhouse Controls Technician - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Partnership between The Nunes Company and Peri & Sons
Opening of Nevada cooling facility in May
The Nunes Company will have a full line of both fresh Foxy conventional and fresh Foxy Organic brand vegetables, plus Foxy strawberries on display at the Viva Fresh Expo this month. All items are available 365 days per year from growing regions throughout California, Nevada, Arizona and Mexico.
In addition to its successful range of products, Laura Hastie with The Nunes Company says they are excited about the opening of the Walker River cooling facility in Yerington, Nevada, scheduled to open in May, in partnership with Peri & Sons.
Two goals of the new facility are sustainability and a positive economic impact. In an earlier press release, Tom Nunes said that with more than 40 years of cooling experience and industry knowledge the Peri and Nunes families incorporated those factors into the development of the facility, particularly for the cooling mechanisms, temperature control, product flow and industrial safety and food safety.
Tommy Nunes and his father Tom Nunes onsite the new facility
The two companies combined have brought over 800 jobs to Lyon County to date with even more to come once the new facility is ready to open its doors. “We’ll be discussing the advantages of the facility and hoping to educate existing and potential customers more about it at the expo,” Hastie said. The facility will service retailers, wholesalers, processors, terminal markets, and other buying organizations throughout North America.
Come by and visit The Nunes Company at booth #114 at the Viva Fresh Expo.
For more information:
The Nunes Company, Inc.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: