Job offersmore »
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
Top 5 - yesterday
- Argentina: Mendoza shipments to Brazil are delayed by the crisis
- Andres Ribas, Vientosur: “A good citrus import-season expected in Europe”
- “Everything called tomatoes is currently selling at bad prices in the Netherlands”
- “We use sustainable development goals and are producing healthy food”
- Mucci Farms gears up for growth with new private equity partnership
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Experts observe banana import impact on prices in the EUOn 29th March, the first working meeting of the Community Banana and Banana Price Observatory, held in the framework of the 4th Forum of the Outermost Regions (RUP), was held in Brussels. The objective of this meeting was to measure the specific impact of banana imports from third countries on the markets of European producer countries and, if necessary, to take measures aimed at ensuring the survival of the Community crop
In this first meeting the recent evolution of the national markets of the ORs, their contrast with the European average evolution, has been announced and the standardization of the monitoring mechanisms has begun, in order to know the real incidence of the entry of third countries in banana states in the EU.
To that end, the reliability of the information and methods used at a European level for the monitoring of banana sales prices, both in the Community and in third countries, has been analyzed, while proposals for accuracy and frequency of market statistics, since the current statistics show contradictions and must be adapted to the operating characteristics of each of the national markets of Spain, France and Portugal.
During the meeting, other priority issues for the European banana sector have been addressed, such as the current process of community legislative reform of organic farming.
Publication date: 4/10/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: