Job offersmore »
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
- Eco Brewing & Growing Technician - UK
Top 5 - yesterday
- World-first Panama disease-resistant Cavendish bananas developed
- Zimbabwe: Timing of general's visit to China raises questions
- NZ: AVOCO's avocado exports growing, despite some market inconsistencies
- New avocado variety to extend growing season
- Dwindling labor force in Washington fruit tree industry putting stress on production
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Print on Demand innovation offers customers flexibility
Looking for food safe labels? Sinclair Systems International will be promoting its labeling service to growers, packers and shippers at this year’s Viva Fresh Expo. “We are the labeling provider of fresh produce,” said Maria Montalvo, Marketing Manager. Labels are put on loose fruit and include the PLU, the brand name and other information the client requests, including promotions or contests.
Some of the company's work includes the Cuties and Halo brand labels, as well as uniquely shaped labels like Stemilt’s square design. “We’ve invested a lot in finding the right materials so that when the label is removed from the fruit it leaves nothing behind. It peels off easily.”
Print on Demand
Sinclair Print on Demand is one of the company’s newest innovations. “This system will allow customers to print the variable information of the label on location,” said Montalvo. This is an alternative solution to having the printing done offsite at one of Sinclair International’s locations. The process is easy and can be done by a pack house operator once they’ve been trained. “Print on demand gives customers the flexibility to go with one label design,” she said. Every installation is customized to fit the needs of the distribution center or pack house facility.
Print on Demand system
“Viva Fresh gives Sinclair an opportunity to meet potential customers from the area and also customers that can travel from Mexico. A lot of leads come in from Mexico for customers that are interested in labeling their produce and are going to export their produce into the US or in Europe where there’s stricter requirements for labeling.”
Visit Sinclair International’s Booth #303 at the Viva Fresh Expo.
For more information:
Sinclair Systems International, LLC
Tel: (559) 233-4500 ext. 1416
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: