Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
- Product manager for growing media - Finland or Estonia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: El Ejido authorises construction of new greenhouses
The City Council of El Ejido, in the Spanish province of Almeria, has authorised the construction of new greenhouses, as reported by municipal sources.
The municipality already has more than 12,500 hectares of greenhouses, which is about half of the more than 30,007 hectares there are in the province of Almeria, according to the latest official figures.
In addition to the new constructions, the municipal government has authorised the renovation and modernization of other agricultural infrastructures, such as the refurbishment and adaptation of greenhouses, as well as the construction of water reservoirs for irrigation or warehouses for agricultural use.
According to the spokesperson of the local government, José Francisco Rivera, "agriculture remains the flourishing economic engine of the municipality. It is a sector that continues to bet on more efficient and competitive models, striving to meet the needs of an increasingly demanding market."
Publication date: 4/4/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: