Job offersmore »
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
Top 5 - yesterday
- Argentina: Mendoza shipments to Brazil are delayed by the crisis
- Andres Ribas, Vientosur: “A good citrus import-season expected in Europe”
- “Everything called tomatoes is currently selling at bad prices in the Netherlands”
- “We use sustainable development goals and are producing healthy food”
- Mucci Farms gears up for growth with new private equity partnership
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: El Ejido authorises construction of new greenhouses
The City Council of El Ejido, in the Spanish province of Almeria, has authorised the construction of new greenhouses, as reported by municipal sources.
The municipality already has more than 12,500 hectares of greenhouses, which is about half of the more than 30,007 hectares there are in the province of Almeria, according to the latest official figures.
In addition to the new constructions, the municipal government has authorised the renovation and modernization of other agricultural infrastructures, such as the refurbishment and adaptation of greenhouses, as well as the construction of water reservoirs for irrigation or warehouses for agricultural use.
According to the spokesperson of the local government, José Francisco Rivera, "agriculture remains the flourishing economic engine of the municipality. It is a sector that continues to bet on more efficient and competitive models, striving to meet the needs of an increasingly demanding market."
Publication date: 4/4/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: