Job offersmore »
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
Top 5 - yesterday
- South Africa: "Farming with grapes is a sprint, citrus is a marathon."
- Photos reveal Del Monte's new pink pineapple
- Colombia: Chiquita accused of crimes against humanity
- Greek producers are great trading partners for Poland
- "The PGI will strengthen our expansion project for Canary bananas in Europe"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Georgia blueberry farmer loses 90% of his crop after freezeOne Ware County blueberry farmer called Thursday night's freezing weather devastating to his crops. Today the agriculture commissioner will fly to 8 farms to survey the damage done to many crops by frost and freezing temperatures.
Owner Joe Cornelius of the J & B Blueberry Farm in Manor said he estimates he lost 90 percent of his rabbit eye variety of blueberries due to the weather Wednesday night.
He said many other Georgia and North Carolina farmers are reporting that the cold temperatures destroyed this year's blueberry crop.
"A good bit if not all of their high bush crop has been wiped out," said Joe. "So we are probably going to see a significant shortage of fresh blueberries in the market here in the United States."
Publication date: 3/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: