Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Georgia blueberry farmer loses 90% of his crop after freezeOne Ware County blueberry farmer called Thursday night's freezing weather devastating to his crops. Today the agriculture commissioner will fly to 8 farms to survey the damage done to many crops by frost and freezing temperatures.
Owner Joe Cornelius of the J & B Blueberry Farm in Manor said he estimates he lost 90 percent of his rabbit eye variety of blueberries due to the weather Wednesday night.
He said many other Georgia and North Carolina farmers are reporting that the cold temperatures destroyed this year's blueberry crop.
"A good bit if not all of their high bush crop has been wiped out," said Joe. "So we are probably going to see a significant shortage of fresh blueberries in the market here in the United States."
Publication date: 3/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: