Job offersmore »
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
- Horticultural Consultant - Sydney, Australia
- Technical Assistant - East Malling (Kent), UK
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
X-ray treatment facility to boost Victoria's horticulture industryVictorian farmers will soon have an advantage in exports with a planned x-ray treatment facility at the Melbourne Wholesale Fruit and Vegetable Market in Epping.
X-ray treatment is a phytosanitary measure that enables growers to meet export market access requirements. It is also an alternative to chemical treatment or prolonged cold storage.
The new facility is expected to reduce costs and improve profitability for Victorian producers as they will no longer need to transport export-bound produce to Queensland for treatment. Reducing transport and handling of produce will also lower product wastage.
“The new facility will significantly reduce transport and handling costs and further boost Victoria’s growing $1.1bn horticultural industry,” Victoria agriculture minister Jaala Pulford said.
Publication date: 3/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: