Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Ghana launches €820,000 mushroom projectThe Adentan Municipal Assembly has launched a 820,000 Euro mushroom project, dubbed the ‘Promush Project’, to create 5,500jobs for the youth and persons with disabilities.
The three-year project is funded by the European Union(EU) with an amount of 660,000 Euros while the assembly, Centre for Local Governance Advocacy(CLGA) and Local Government Network (LOGNet), contributed a total of 160,000 Euros.
Hajia Mahama said the project would use community sensitisation programmes to orient the crop and animal farmers, youth and the general public to see mushroom farming as a viable business venture.
“Potential farmers will be encouraged to adopt mushroom farming as a main activity to contribute to creating employment,” Hajia Mahama said.
“As a government we shall deliver on our promise of creating a strong economy that will create opportunities for new businesses, encourage existing businesses to expand and make investment,” she said.
Publication date: 2/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: