Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
- Product manager for growing media - Finland or Estonia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Maersk line enhances Asia-Europe and Transpacific servicesMaersk Line has introduced a new service – the AE7 – on the Asia–North-Europe trade and a new service – the TP16 – on the Transpacific trade. The new services will enable MSC and Maersk Line to accommodate the incoming volumes from the recently announced slot purchase agreements with Hyundai Merchant Marine and Hamburg Süd. The two carriers will move cargo, but not operate vessels in the 2M network.
“With these exciting product improvements we confirm our commitment to provide extensive direct coverage and best in class transit times to our customers in the Asia-Europe and Transpacific trades,” says Silvia Ding, Head of Trade in Maersk Line. “Our new slot agreements require that we increase our capacity. With these service improvements we are adding the necessary capacity to match the increase in volumes. Our aim is and continues to be to manage our capacity efficiently and maintain the stability and continuity of our network.”
The AE7 will significantly improve Maersk Line’s product from East China into Rotterdam in The Netherlands and Hamburg in Germany. The transit time from Shanghai to Rotterdam and Hamburg will improve by three days.
In the Transpacific, the TP16 will provide new opportunities in the Asia–US South Atlantic trade. The transit time from South China to the US South Atlantic will improve by eight days, which will be the fastest in the market.
In addition, Maersk Line will merge the TP8 and TP3 services between Asia and the US West Coast into one service, the TP8. The enhancements will go into effect on 1 April 2017.
Publication date: 2/15/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: