Job offersmore »
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
- Product Development and R&D Engineer (Greenhouse and Equipment) - Canada
- General Manager Latin America - Mexico
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Expert claims Azerbaijani food production supports less than half the populationAccording to a leading Azerbaijani agricultural expert, Vahid Maharamov, Azerbaijan's domestic food production doesn't even support half of its population.
"The production of meat, milk, fruit, vegetables, vegetable oil, sugar and potatoes has significantly dropped in Azerbaijan. The exports are of low quality but they are distributed to the population with high prices. Azerbaijan does not even have serious control mechanisms for imported food. The Azerbaijani authorities are unable to provide the population with quality, affordable foodstuffs in line with international norms", the expert said.
Publication date: 2/10/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: