Job offersmore »
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
- Floriculture Sales and Marketing Professional
Top 5 - yesterday
- China: First ever large-scale domestic production of avocados to enter market in September
- Dutch launch first ever foreign pepper brand in China
- Criminals hack email of shipper for Dutch importer
- Conflicting reports about Russia importing Turkish tomatoes
- AU import restrictions on certain goods to change this month
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Third Annual Viva Fresh Golf Tournament raises funds for salad bars to schools
The Viva Fresh Open, entitled “Swing for the Future,” will kick-off the 2017 Viva Fresh Expo at the Crenshaw Cliffside Golf Course, located at the Barton Creek Omni Resort on Thursday, April 20. Presented by Bebo Distributing, Inc and Wonderful Citrus, the tournament will benefit the Salad Bars to Schools foundation.
Craig Slate, VP of Sales at SunFed remarked, “We’re excited to be continuing the Viva Fresh Open tradition as the opening event to the Viva Fresh Expo. The tournament not only provides a great opportunity for networking and fun competition, but we’re especially proud to raise funds to put salad bars in schools throughout the state of Texas.”
Salad Bars to Schools was founded by Chef Ann Foundation, National Fruit and Vegetable Alliance, United Fresh Start Foundation and Whole Foods. The organization’s goal is to provide healthy eating opportunities for kids of all ages by placing salad bars in school foodservice programs across the country.
“Ensuring that children of all ages have daily access to fresh fruits and vegetables is something we’re all passionate about here,” remarked Bret Erickson, President and CEO of the Texas International Produce Association. “So many youth today do not have the opportunity to eat healthy foods like fresh fruit or vegetables, and we are seeking to change that through the support of organizations like Salad Bars to Schools.”
Tournament registration includes entrance to the tournament, awards reception where first and second place teams will be recognized, as well as the 19th Hole Celebration. After the conclusion of the awards ceremony at 6:30 pm, players and other expo attendees are invited to join the 19th Hole Celebration at the Crenshaw Cliffside Golf Course for live music and games. Non-golfers may purchase a ticket to the celebration for $40 at the door.
For more information on the Viva Fresh Open Golf Tournament and available sponsorship opportunities, visit www.vivafreshexpo.com/golf-tournament.
Full Tilt Marketing
Tel: (407) 222-3695
Publication date: 2/8/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: