- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Dutch program helps Ghana to overturn EU ban
The EU last year banned the exports of chillies, aubergine and other vegetables from Ghana to stop the introduction of pests into the ecosystem of the EU. Also affected are gourds and Asian vegetables.
According to the Senior Business Adviser of GhanaVeg, Mrs Sheila Assibey-Yeboah, Ghana has, since the ban, lost more than $2 million worth of exports of selected vegetables to the EU market.
She said it was to address the challenges that the Dutch government introduced the GhanaVeg programme to help the country deal with phytosanitary challenges, boost production and increase exports.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/20/2018 "Cabbage industry has some windfalls again, after difficult years''
- 09/20/2018 China's annual output of peppers is 40 million tons
- 09/20/2018 How cauliflower took over your pizza, your kitchen, and the world
- 09/19/2018 Australia: Costa Adelaide Mushrooms expansion progressing at Monarto
- 09/19/2018 "Higher autumn prices won't compensate for poor eggplant season"
- 09/19/2018 Large pumpkins may be in short supply
- 09/18/2018 "Demand market for cabbage"
- 09/18/2018 Shandong Lanling: Vegetable prices still have room to rise
- 09/18/2018 Turkey: “Super” tomatoes from Igdir receive a lot of interest from Iran
- 09/18/2018 New Zealand: Brisk weather brings cheaper broccoli
- 09/17/2018 ‘Nigeria can earn $4 billion annually from mushroom exports’
- 09/17/2018 New dry garlic storage brings concerns
- 09/17/2018 China: Vegetable supply going up - but prices are falling
- 09/17/2018 Ghana: Actor John Dumelo makes money from own cucumbers
- 09/14/2018 Turkey: Tomato from Insuyu about to become a brand name
- 09/14/2018 UK couple growing vegetables the size of small adults
- 09/14/2018 Russia: Prices of high quality carrots on the rise
- 09/14/2018 Organic Wisconsin dairy turned to packaged Brussels sprouts
- 09/14/2018 Interest in East Coast squash pushes up while supplies tight
- 09/14/2018 Strong production leaves California lettuce market subdued