Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Zimbabwe encourages blueberry growingMr Peter de Wit is a Netherlands based PUM horticultural expert; according to de Wit the blueberry industry is poised for growth, with European consumers prepared to pay more for fruit and vegetables with certain health or wellness attributes. Blueberries are popularly known as a ''superfood'' for their health benefits.
De Wit recently visited Zimbabwe, where Zimtrade is urging growers to cultivate alternative high value fruits and vegetables, such as blueberries, mange tout and sugar snap, among others.
In Africa, the top producers and exporters of blueberries are Morocco and South Africa, but the two only account for 4.9% of the world market share.
Publication date: 6/6/2016
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: