Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Zimbabwe encourages blueberry growingMr Peter de Wit is a Netherlands based PUM horticultural expert; according to de Wit the blueberry industry is poised for growth, with European consumers prepared to pay more for fruit and vegetables with certain health or wellness attributes. Blueberries are popularly known as a ''superfood'' for their health benefits.
De Wit recently visited Zimbabwe, where Zimtrade is urging growers to cultivate alternative high value fruits and vegetables, such as blueberries, mange tout and sugar snap, among others.
In Africa, the top producers and exporters of blueberries are Morocco and South Africa, but the two only account for 4.9% of the world market share.
Publication date: 6/6/2016
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: