Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Zimbabwe encourages blueberry growingMr Peter de Wit is a Netherlands based PUM horticultural expert; according to de Wit the blueberry industry is poised for growth, with European consumers prepared to pay more for fruit and vegetables with certain health or wellness attributes. Blueberries are popularly known as a ''superfood'' for their health benefits.
De Wit recently visited Zimbabwe, where Zimtrade is urging growers to cultivate alternative high value fruits and vegetables, such as blueberries, mange tout and sugar snap, among others.
In Africa, the top producers and exporters of blueberries are Morocco and South Africa, but the two only account for 4.9% of the world market share.
Publication date: 6/6/2016
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: