Job offersmore »
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
- Product manager for growing media - Finland or Estonia
- Category Manager - Exports Homebush, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Man enters chilli-eating contest. The chilli won.
- Fresh produce company enters into partnership to help students become farmers
- EC approves Bayer’s proposed acquisition of Monsanto
- Machinery company opens new Californian customer service facility
- China: The future of retail, premium brands and increased domestic production
Exchange ratesmore »
Appeeling Fruit voluntarily recalls sliced apples
Appeeling Fruit Inc. in Dauberville, PA is voluntarily recalling a limited number of consumer packages of fresh sliced apples with Best-if-Used-by dates of 09/14/15 and 09/21/15, due to the potential to be contaminated with listeria monocytogenes, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.
To date, health authorities have not linked any illnesses to this recall. No other products are affected by this recall.
The recalled product was shipped to retail distribution centers; wholesalers; and foodservice customers in the states of Florida, Massachusetts, New York and Pennsylvania between August 31 and September 2.
Consumers can identify the recalled consumer products by the brand, UPC codes and Best-if-Used-by dates provided in the table at the end of this release.
Anyone who has recalled product in their possession should not consume it, and should either dispose of it properly or return the recalled product to the place of purchase for a refund. Please keep proof of product purchase, if available. Consumers with questions may contact the company’s consumer information desk at 1-866-873-0468, or visit its website at http://www.appeelingfruit.com/.
Appeeling Fruit Inc. has already notified customers who received the recalled product directly from the company and requested that they remove it from commerce. The company has also asked its direct customers to notify their customers of this recall. Appeeling Fruit is issuing this press release and keeping the U.S. Food and Drug Administration informed of its recall process to assure that consumers are properly alerted.
The recall is being initiated after the company was informed that an environmental sample taken in the production facility as part of a routine sampling program tested positive for the bacteria. None of the final product tested positive, and subsequent test results from the facility have been negative.
“Many of our customers informed us that the recalled product was still in refrigerated warehouses and never reached consumers. Nevertheless, we are issuing this recall to reduce even the slightest risk to public health.” said Steve Cygan, president of Appeeling Fruit. “We care deeply about the health and safety of those who enjoy our products.”
Here is a link to photos of the recalled products: http://appeelingfruit.com/index.php/1856-2/
Tel: 610-926-6601 ext. 22
Publication date: 9/14/2015
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here