Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - United States
- General Manager (Portugal)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- South African navel exports from Eastern Cape possibly 50% down
- North American company selling Spanish cherries to Asian countries
- Frost hits European fruit and vegetable sector hard
- Saturated apple markets mean difficult year for South African exports
- “South African grapefruit arrives on empty market”
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Ready Pac presents first salad kit and bistro bowl with hempReady Pac Foods' newest fresh food innovations, the Hemp Caesar Salad Kit and Bistro® Bowl™ Jamaican Style Jerk Hemp Seed Salad, will be available to consumers on store shelves beginning April 20. A first of its kind, the Ready Pac Hemp Caesar Salad Kit is a chopped kit that features hemp seeds, chopped romaine, shredded carrots, shredded red cabbage, Caesar Herb vinaigrette dressing and herb seasoned croutons. The company also introduces its Bistro® Bowl™ Jamaican Style Jerk Hemp Seed Salad, which includes hemp seeds, chopped romaine lettuce, shredded carrots, red cabbage, diced chicken, black beans, red rice and a Jamaican jerk with hemp dressing.
The new Ready Pac salads combine nutrient-rich hemp seeds, which are filled with amino acids and omega-3 fatty acids that pack as much power as other proteins, with lush, leafy greens and other vegetables. Minerals such as magnesium, iron, zinc and potassium, and soluble and insoluble fibers also add to the wealth of nutritional benefits of hemp seeds.
The Hemp Caesar Salad Kit, available in a 10 oz. salad kit, is the first chopped Caesar salad kit on the market -- with chopped salad kits among the fastest-growing and favored salad products among consumers. This newest fresh innovation from Ready Pac, along with the 6.75 oz. Bistro® Bowl™ Jamaican Style Jerk Hemp Seed Salad, represents the first mass-produced, ready-to-eat salad product to feature hemp.
"Ready Pac is a trusted brand that works to provide healthy choices in an innovative way," said Tony Sarsam, CEO, Ready Pac Foods. "Our on-the-go, health-conscious consumers are open to, and regularly seek, alternatives to typical nutrition offerings. Our Hemp Caesar Salad and Bistro® Bowl™ Jamaican Style Jerk Hemp Seed Salad provide more options for all customers and empower them to make healthier choices for themselves and their families."
Shoppers can now find these two new salad items at Safeway. Visit your local Safeway store to learn more about Ready Pac and Safeway® Farms salad kits and bowls. To learn more about Ready Pac Salad Blends and Bistro Bowls, in addition to their extended range of convenient, fresh-cut solutions, visit www.readypac.com/products.
Publication date: 4/21/2015
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here