Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Dutch launch first ever foreign pepper brand in China
- Chile exhibited its fruit export offer in London
- TOMRA launches new food sorter user interface to improve work flow
- Maersk Line papaya shipment opens India to new markets
- Matthew Brigotti joins Idaho Potato Commission as Foodservice Promotion Director
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
Ready Pac presents first salad kit and bistro bowl with hempReady Pac Foods' newest fresh food innovations, the Hemp Caesar Salad Kit and Bistro® Bowl™ Jamaican Style Jerk Hemp Seed Salad, will be available to consumers on store shelves beginning April 20. A first of its kind, the Ready Pac Hemp Caesar Salad Kit is a chopped kit that features hemp seeds, chopped romaine, shredded carrots, shredded red cabbage, Caesar Herb vinaigrette dressing and herb seasoned croutons. The company also introduces its Bistro® Bowl™ Jamaican Style Jerk Hemp Seed Salad, which includes hemp seeds, chopped romaine lettuce, shredded carrots, red cabbage, diced chicken, black beans, red rice and a Jamaican jerk with hemp dressing.
The new Ready Pac salads combine nutrient-rich hemp seeds, which are filled with amino acids and omega-3 fatty acids that pack as much power as other proteins, with lush, leafy greens and other vegetables. Minerals such as magnesium, iron, zinc and potassium, and soluble and insoluble fibers also add to the wealth of nutritional benefits of hemp seeds.
The Hemp Caesar Salad Kit, available in a 10 oz. salad kit, is the first chopped Caesar salad kit on the market -- with chopped salad kits among the fastest-growing and favored salad products among consumers. This newest fresh innovation from Ready Pac, along with the 6.75 oz. Bistro® Bowl™ Jamaican Style Jerk Hemp Seed Salad, represents the first mass-produced, ready-to-eat salad product to feature hemp.
"Ready Pac is a trusted brand that works to provide healthy choices in an innovative way," said Tony Sarsam, CEO, Ready Pac Foods. "Our on-the-go, health-conscious consumers are open to, and regularly seek, alternatives to typical nutrition offerings. Our Hemp Caesar Salad and Bistro® Bowl™ Jamaican Style Jerk Hemp Seed Salad provide more options for all customers and empower them to make healthier choices for themselves and their families."
Shoppers can now find these two new salad items at Safeway. Visit your local Safeway store to learn more about Ready Pac and Safeway® Farms salad kits and bowls. To learn more about Ready Pac Salad Blends and Bistro Bowls, in addition to their extended range of convenient, fresh-cut solutions, visit www.readypac.com/products.
Publication date: 4/21/2015
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here