Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - United States
- General Manager (Portugal)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- South African navel exports from Eastern Cape possibly 50% down
- North American company selling Spanish cherries to Asian countries
- Frost hits European fruit and vegetable sector hard
- Saturated apple markets mean difficult year for South African exports
- “South African grapefruit arrives on empty market”
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK Short-Course on fresh-cut produce: deadline extended
Registration for the European short-course on "Quality & Safety of Fresh-cut Produce" has been extended until January 5th, 2015. The organizers decided to postpone the deadline in order to allow more people to take advantage of this unique training event in the United Kingdom.
The Course, consisting of three intensive days is focused on the hottest topics related to handling and processing considerations for a range of fresh cut produce as well as issues of water sanitation, packaging, and layout of unit operations. It is now in its 7th edition after very successful events in Italy, Spain, Germany, and Turkey, and will take place in Cardiff, UK, on January 21-23, 2015.
Lectures will be alternated with discussion sessions in order to increase the degree of interaction among participants. The course will also give attendees a unique overview of results from QUAFETY, a current EU FP7-funded project (www.quafety.eu).
Limited to 100 participants, it will be handled on a first-come first-registered basis. For detailed information (i.e. how to register, payment information, etc.) please visit the Course website (http://sites.cardiff.ac.uk/fresh-cut-produce) or contact Dr. Rogers at email@example.com.
Publication date: 12/17/2014
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here