Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Ready Pac introduces the Baby Kale European Salad BlendLast year, we watched as the entire country took one look at kale and winced with skepticism. Many were so intimidated by the emergence of this unfamiliar superfood, they vowed to let the trend quietly fizzle and fade away. Kale spent the next year securing its staying-power through versatility, incorporating itself into everyday meal recipes- even finding its way into our favorite snacking items, from crispy seasoned chips to fresh pressed juices. Before long, Kale succeeded in the transition from niche to mainstream. Ready Pac Foods have eagerly welcomed the resilient superfood into their progressive portfolio of fresh-cut solutions with the release of the Ready Pac® Baby Kale European Salad Blend.
Consumers just can’t get enough, and more are incorporating it into their everyday meals than ever before— up 250% in dollar sales since last year. According to International Dairy, Deli & Bakery Association’s 2013 issue of What’s In Store, 78% of consumers say nutrient-dense foods like kale have a meaningful impact on their health, and 76% say health benefits are the reason to eat them more often.
For shoppers looking for a ‘gateway’ Kale offering that doesn’t require a manual, they’ll find it with Ready Pac’s Baby Kale European Salad Blend. In addition to being accessible, this nutrient-dense bagged blend is a rich source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Protein. “The Baby Kale European Salad Blend is a perfect fit for Ready Pac consumers who are ready to ‘up their game’ with superfoods, but need a little help navigating their options” says Tristan Simpson, Vice President of Corporate Communications at Ready Pac. “At Ready Pac, we view Kale the same way as we view our brand; complex and deeply nutritious…yet incredibly adaptable. We’re excited to see this product pique the interest of curious, health-driven consumers everywhere!”
Shoppers can find the Baby Kale European Salad at their local Albertsons.
For more information, please visit: www.readypac.com/products.
Publication date: 7/21/2014
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: