Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
Ready Pac introduces the Baby Kale European Salad BlendLast year, we watched as the entire country took one look at kale and winced with skepticism. Many were so intimidated by the emergence of this unfamiliar superfood, they vowed to let the trend quietly fizzle and fade away. Kale spent the next year securing its staying-power through versatility, incorporating itself into everyday meal recipes- even finding its way into our favorite snacking items, from crispy seasoned chips to fresh pressed juices. Before long, Kale succeeded in the transition from niche to mainstream. Ready Pac Foods have eagerly welcomed the resilient superfood into their progressive portfolio of fresh-cut solutions with the release of the Ready Pac® Baby Kale European Salad Blend.
Consumers just can’t get enough, and more are incorporating it into their everyday meals than ever before— up 250% in dollar sales since last year. According to International Dairy, Deli & Bakery Association’s 2013 issue of What’s In Store, 78% of consumers say nutrient-dense foods like kale have a meaningful impact on their health, and 76% say health benefits are the reason to eat them more often.
For shoppers looking for a ‘gateway’ Kale offering that doesn’t require a manual, they’ll find it with Ready Pac’s Baby Kale European Salad Blend. In addition to being accessible, this nutrient-dense bagged blend is a rich source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Protein. “The Baby Kale European Salad Blend is a perfect fit for Ready Pac consumers who are ready to ‘up their game’ with superfoods, but need a little help navigating their options” says Tristan Simpson, Vice President of Corporate Communications at Ready Pac. “At Ready Pac, we view Kale the same way as we view our brand; complex and deeply nutritious…yet incredibly adaptable. We’re excited to see this product pique the interest of curious, health-driven consumers everywhere!”
Shoppers can find the Baby Kale European Salad at their local Albertsons.
For more information, please visit: www.readypac.com/products.
Publication date: 7/21/2014
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: