Job offersmore »
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
Top 5 - yesterday
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- "Strong growth experienced in the Dutch and import season"
- “Water shortage Western Cape will have negative impact on availability of grapes”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Fresh Pod technology keeping food fresh in the catering industryKeeping fruit and vegetables fresh, crispy and tasty, whilst providing a menu with choice and reacting to demand, can challenge the most organised of chefs. The reason fresh produce ripens so quickly, particularly in mixed store rooms is because of the ethylene in the atmosphere, which fresh produce gives off naturally as they ripen. Compass Group UK & Ireland has introduced Fresh Pod technology into their supply chain to safe guard freshness and stop deterioration in its tracks.
Compass moves produce very quickly around its business units and its sophisticated ordering system for its catering division means fresh produce does not hang around for long. However, the introduction of Fresh Pod technology ensures that whist produce awaits preparation it is stored in a clean air environment keeping it crispy, tasty and retaining nutrients until ready to use.
Ethylene control is a new concept recently introduced to the catering industry in the UK. Compass Group invited the Fresh Pod team to pitch the product through their innovative, dragon den style “Ideas Work” process, aimed at giving new products and services the chance to get their business in front of influential judges from Compass and other organisations.
Fresh Pod technology is completely safe and natural and approved for use with organics. Aside from absorbing 99% of the ethylene in the surrounding areas, it also removes airborne spores, rots and moulds from the atmosphere which can also contribute to early decay. Fresh Pod works to protect fresh produce across the entire food chain from growers to the end consumer.
Nick Vadis, Executive Chef, at Compass Group UK & Ireland says, “Reducing food waste is really important to us and Fresh Pod represents an innovative and effortless way to support our continuing efforts in this area.”
For more information:
Tel: +44 01603 702374
Publication date: 4/11/2014
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here