Job offersmore »
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
- Sales representative - (TN, KY, NC, SC and GA) USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Bananitos represent Guatemalan agricultureSearching for a name that captures the unique ties that the baby bananas, or Bananitos, they produce have to their native country of Guatemala, CAISA came up with the Tropic502 brand. The company, which was founded in 1999, is now in their seventh year of exporting the unique baby bananas.
“In 2006, we began developing a project with the Pisang Mas banana tree variety,” said Victor Morales, general manager for CAISA. Production commenced the next year, and the bananas, known locally as Bananitos, are grown near the villages of Cacao, Jimeritos and Cayuga. In trying to come up with a brand name for their bananas, Morales explained that, because the product is so connected to the local communities, they wanted a name that was uniquely Guatemalan.
“We came up with tropic, which indicates our bananas are grown in our country's beautiful Caribbean region,” said Morales. “502 has always been Guatemala's country code, which you need to dial in order to get in touch with anybody in the country, so we decided to put them together.” So the Tropic502 brand was born, and Morales said it aptly captures the essence of their bananas.
“Every time the Tropic502 seal is placed on our Bananitos, it ensures not only that our customers are getting an excellent product from Guatemala, but also that it was produced in an environmentally-friendly and socially responsible way,” said Morales. “By providing our customers with high-quality fruit with excellent consistency, we aim at building long lasting and mutually profitable relationships.”
For more information:
Victor M Morales
Publication date: 3/10/2014
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: