Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Dominican Republic: Banana production increases by 80%
Currently, the Dominican Republic produces 2,100 boxes a week for export to Europe.
The La Cruz de Manzanillo Project Manager, Ramon Emilio Fondeur, said that the government has managed to increase banana production by 80% after an estimated investment of RD $80 million in the last twelve months.
Ramon Emilio explained that when he arrived at the Palo Verde project they produced 1,200 boxes of banana a week and that they are now producing between 2,000 and 2,100 cases a week.
He said the goal is to reach a production level between 20 and 25,000 boxes of bananas for export a week, which will represent a strong currency income for the country. That production is placed for export to the European market and those bananas that can't be exported will be used in social programs and for the domestic market.
Publication date: 9/20/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: