Job offersmore »
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
Top 5 - yesterday
- US Romaine lettuce E. coli outbreak quite relentless
- A challenging new citrus import season from southern hemisphere
- NZ: Spraying without chemicals, residues or health and safety issues
- Busy first day of CPMA show in sunny Vancouver
- "Rumours causing importers to switch from Chinese to Spanish garlic"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Sicilian fresh fruit and vegetables in the spotlight at Berlin ShowSicily’s top quality fresh produce will be in the spotlight even more this year during Fruit Logistica, the international trade show opening its doors in a few days at Messe Berlin.
The Sicilian Department of Agriculture alongside leading Sicilian producers and exporters take part with a dedicated exhibition area, as well as hosting a cocktail dinner as an informal setting for retailers, importers and wholesalers to meet new suppliers from the sun-drenched Mediterranean island.
Following the successful launch of "Fresh From Sicily - A Story of Excellence" in 2012, this year’s event will take place on the second day of the fair. The soirée will provide the opportunity to savour not only fresh fruit and vegetables from the island, both prepared and fresh, but also selected specialities. Guests will enjoy POD cheeses Piacentinu Ennese and Pecorino Ragusano with dishes carefully married to Sicilian wines such as sparkling whites from Etna, reds including Nero d'Avola and dessert wine made from dried zibibbo grapes.
Regione Siciliana is proud to organise ‘Fresh From Sicily’ as an ideal platform for showcasing regional fruit and vegetable specialities to the international fresh produce industry. The event will also provide an intimate occasion to explore opportunities for importing produce from Sicily.
The Regione Siciliana will be represented by senior officials from the Regional Government including: Regional Councillor for Agricoltural Resources Dario Cartabellotta as well as General Manager Rosaria Barresi and Director Giuseppe Calagna. Participating enterprises comprise leading consortiums and producers trading and marketing a wide variety of Sicilian products (oranges, grapes, peaches, melons, tomatoes and other vegetables) as well as products accredited with European POD, PGI and organic certification.
For further information, and to receive an official invitation, please visit the Regione Siciliana stand at Fruit Logistica 4.2 - C17 or contact email@example.com
Publication date: 2/6/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: