Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
Sicilian fresh fruit and vegetables in the spotlight at Berlin ShowSicily’s top quality fresh produce will be in the spotlight even more this year during Fruit Logistica, the international trade show opening its doors in a few days at Messe Berlin.
The Sicilian Department of Agriculture alongside leading Sicilian producers and exporters take part with a dedicated exhibition area, as well as hosting a cocktail dinner as an informal setting for retailers, importers and wholesalers to meet new suppliers from the sun-drenched Mediterranean island.
Following the successful launch of "Fresh From Sicily - A Story of Excellence" in 2012, this year’s event will take place on the second day of the fair. The soirée will provide the opportunity to savour not only fresh fruit and vegetables from the island, both prepared and fresh, but also selected specialities. Guests will enjoy POD cheeses Piacentinu Ennese and Pecorino Ragusano with dishes carefully married to Sicilian wines such as sparkling whites from Etna, reds including Nero d'Avola and dessert wine made from dried zibibbo grapes.
Regione Siciliana is proud to organise ‘Fresh From Sicily’ as an ideal platform for showcasing regional fruit and vegetable specialities to the international fresh produce industry. The event will also provide an intimate occasion to explore opportunities for importing produce from Sicily.
The Regione Siciliana will be represented by senior officials from the Regional Government including: Regional Councillor for Agricoltural Resources Dario Cartabellotta as well as General Manager Rosaria Barresi and Director Giuseppe Calagna. Participating enterprises comprise leading consortiums and producers trading and marketing a wide variety of Sicilian products (oranges, grapes, peaches, melons, tomatoes and other vegetables) as well as products accredited with European POD, PGI and organic certification.
For further information, and to receive an official invitation, please visit the Regione Siciliana stand at Fruit Logistica 4.2 - C17 or contact email@example.com
Publication date: 2/6/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: