Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
Sicilian fresh fruit and vegetables in the spotlight at Berlin ShowSicily’s top quality fresh produce will be in the spotlight even more this year during Fruit Logistica, the international trade show opening its doors in a few days at Messe Berlin.
The Sicilian Department of Agriculture alongside leading Sicilian producers and exporters take part with a dedicated exhibition area, as well as hosting a cocktail dinner as an informal setting for retailers, importers and wholesalers to meet new suppliers from the sun-drenched Mediterranean island.
Following the successful launch of "Fresh From Sicily - A Story of Excellence" in 2012, this year’s event will take place on the second day of the fair. The soirée will provide the opportunity to savour not only fresh fruit and vegetables from the island, both prepared and fresh, but also selected specialities. Guests will enjoy POD cheeses Piacentinu Ennese and Pecorino Ragusano with dishes carefully married to Sicilian wines such as sparkling whites from Etna, reds including Nero d'Avola and dessert wine made from dried zibibbo grapes.
Regione Siciliana is proud to organise ‘Fresh From Sicily’ as an ideal platform for showcasing regional fruit and vegetable specialities to the international fresh produce industry. The event will also provide an intimate occasion to explore opportunities for importing produce from Sicily.
The Regione Siciliana will be represented by senior officials from the Regional Government including: Regional Councillor for Agricoltural Resources Dario Cartabellotta as well as General Manager Rosaria Barresi and Director Giuseppe Calagna. Participating enterprises comprise leading consortiums and producers trading and marketing a wide variety of Sicilian products (oranges, grapes, peaches, melons, tomatoes and other vegetables) as well as products accredited with European POD, PGI and organic certification.
For further information, and to receive an official invitation, please visit the Regione Siciliana stand at Fruit Logistica 4.2 - C17 or contact email@example.com
Publication date: 2/6/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: