Job offersmore »
- Service Engineer - US & Canada
- Inside Sales Coordinator - USA
- Sales Engineer, Water - The Netherlands
- Crop care supervisor - Australia
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- GENERAL / FARM MANAGER - India
- Grower / Ag scientist - Australia
- Technical/ Product Representative, Russia
- Technical/ Product Representative, India
- Retail Chain Manager - Russia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Belgium: 11 face court for destroying GMO potato cropThe trial of eleven protesters who in 2011 destroyed a field of genetically modified potatoes started before Dendermonde magistrates on Tuesday.
The session was disrupted after the eleven defendants left the courtroom at the start of proceedings claiming that they would not be getting a fair trial.
It was in May of 2011 that protesters belonging to the Field Liberation Movement destroyed a field of genetically modified potatoes in a field in Wetteren where Ghent University was carrying out a pilot project.
The eleven now face charges in connection with the destruction of the crop but also with regard to inflicting grievous bodily harm.
The defendants walked out of the courtroom and will now be tried in their absence and will be able to appeal later on. A verdict is expected by 12 February.
Publication date: 1/18/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: