Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
Mexico: Crop damage due to frostIn Mexico’s Sur de Sonora region heavy frost has severely damaged crops. In the Valle del Yaqui mostly vegetables and corn were affected. Producers also reported damaged chilli peppers, tomatoes, squash and other types of crop.
Reliable data aren’t yet available. Mexico’s Meteorological Institute, which is still reporting low temperatures, is busy processing incoming figures. Producers themselves also continue to report freezing temperatures, in particular in the Poniente del Valle del Yaqui region.
Crops like pumpkin, pepper and tomato cannot perform when temperatures drop below freezing point, as the flowers freeze. Some recovery however, is possible, depending on the damage sustained.
Publication date: 1/17/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: