Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Mexico: Crop damage due to frostIn Mexico’s Sur de Sonora region heavy frost has severely damaged crops. In the Valle del Yaqui mostly vegetables and corn were affected. Producers also reported damaged chilli peppers, tomatoes, squash and other types of crop.
Reliable data aren’t yet available. Mexico’s Meteorological Institute, which is still reporting low temperatures, is busy processing incoming figures. Producers themselves also continue to report freezing temperatures, in particular in the Poniente del Valle del Yaqui region.
Crops like pumpkin, pepper and tomato cannot perform when temperatures drop below freezing point, as the flowers freeze. Some recovery however, is possible, depending on the damage sustained.
Publication date: 1/17/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: