Job offersmore »
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
Top 5 - yesterday
- South Africa: "Farming with grapes is a sprint, citrus is a marathon."
- Photos reveal Del Monte's new pink pineapple
- Colombia: Chiquita accused of crimes against humanity
- Greek producers are great trading partners for Poland
- "The PGI will strengthen our expansion project for Canary bananas in Europe"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Black widow spiders found in grapesA woman from Cape Cod got a shock when she found a black widow spider in a bunch of grapes she had purchased from the local supermarket.
Laurie Kaiser reported going to take a handful of grapes from the bunch when she saw the spider. At first she was going to put it outside, then she noticed that it had the tell tale red hour glass shape of the black widow on its back.
She told the supermarket who have responded with a full refund and said that they will investigate the matter with the supplier.
Almost at the same time a man from Rhode Island has also found a black widow in his grapes. James Sylvia found the spider while his wife and 1-year-old son were washing grapes in the kitchen sink.
"It's not really harmful to people my age group or a little older. It's very harmful however towards children, and my son is 1 year old, and he and my wife were washing grapes in the sink inches from the spider," Sylvia said.
Publication date: 11/19/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: