Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
- Product manager for growing media - Finland or Estonia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Philippines: Praise for Del Monte banana plantation in MindanaoAutonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) OIC-Regional Governor Mujiv Hataman sees the decision of Del Monte Fresh Produce Inc. to expand its operations in the region as a big boost to the government’s peace and development efforts.
Del Monte through its subsidiary Delinanas Development Corporation has entered into a 25-year lease contract with the Sangki Estate in the town of Datu Abdullah Sangki, Maguindanao, involving 6,000 hectares of land as part of its banana expansion program.
Hataman said the daring of Del Monte to enter Maguindanao despite the negative perceptions shows the significant gains in the relentless peace and security campaign in Mindanao.
He added that the banana plantation in Datu Abdullah Sangki would generate more or less 1,000 employment opportunities to local residents ensuring additional income for poor families not only in the Datu Abdullah Sangki but the neighboring areas as well.
Publication date: 11/14/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: