Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Challenges and opportunities for Colombia's banana sector
- California growers set out to fully assess wildfire damage
- Morocco: Strawberry acreage grows from 10 to 3,660 hectares in 27 years
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Philippines: Praise for Del Monte banana plantation in MindanaoAutonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) OIC-Regional Governor Mujiv Hataman sees the decision of Del Monte Fresh Produce Inc. to expand its operations in the region as a big boost to the government’s peace and development efforts.
Del Monte through its subsidiary Delinanas Development Corporation has entered into a 25-year lease contract with the Sangki Estate in the town of Datu Abdullah Sangki, Maguindanao, involving 6,000 hectares of land as part of its banana expansion program.
Hataman said the daring of Del Monte to enter Maguindanao despite the negative perceptions shows the significant gains in the relentless peace and security campaign in Mindanao.
He added that the banana plantation in Datu Abdullah Sangki would generate more or less 1,000 employment opportunities to local residents ensuring additional income for poor families not only in the Datu Abdullah Sangki but the neighboring areas as well.
Publication date: 11/14/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: