Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - United States
- General Manager (Portugal)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- South African navel exports from Eastern Cape possibly 50% down
- North American company selling Spanish cherries to Asian countries
- Saturated apple markets mean difficult year for South African exports
- “South African grapefruit arrives on empty market”
- “Asian vegetables are no longer a niche product”
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Philippines: Praise for Del Monte banana plantation in MindanaoAutonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) OIC-Regional Governor Mujiv Hataman sees the decision of Del Monte Fresh Produce Inc. to expand its operations in the region as a big boost to the government’s peace and development efforts.
Del Monte through its subsidiary Delinanas Development Corporation has entered into a 25-year lease contract with the Sangki Estate in the town of Datu Abdullah Sangki, Maguindanao, involving 6,000 hectares of land as part of its banana expansion program.
Hataman said the daring of Del Monte to enter Maguindanao despite the negative perceptions shows the significant gains in the relentless peace and security campaign in Mindanao.
He added that the banana plantation in Datu Abdullah Sangki would generate more or less 1,000 employment opportunities to local residents ensuring additional income for poor families not only in the Datu Abdullah Sangki but the neighboring areas as well.
Publication date: 11/14/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: