Job offersmore »
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
- Category Manager – Avocado & Mango Australia
- International Buyer exotics (Spanish speaking) - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- South Africa: "Farming with grapes is a sprint, citrus is a marathon."
- Colombia: Chiquita accused of crimes against humanity
- Photos reveal Del Monte's new pink pineapple
- Greek producers are great trading partners for Poland
- "The PGI will strengthen our expansion project for Canary bananas in Europe"
Top 5 - last week
- Nutritional difference between red and green apples
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL PINEAPPLE MARKET
- South Africa: perfect storm of climatic conditions caused Navel splitting
- Overview of CPMA awards for industry leaders and new products
- Argentina unable to export fruit to China due to lack of quality and high logistical costs
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (ME): Blueberry crop up despite droughtThe lack of rain this year has not been much of an issue for blueberry growers who used irrigation systems. however, David Yarborough, wild blueberry specialist at the University of Maine, said that the end of the season had come early for those who had relied on natural rainfall to irrigate their crops.
"Some fields have been very, very good and others have not been so good," he said. He pointed out that in some areas the weather had been so dry that berries had shrivelled up through lack of moisture.
He also said the size of the fruits had been affected.
"It does appear the fruit size is smaller and definitely the lack of rain is probably affecting it," he said. "It depends on when they got their last rainfall and how sandy their soil is."
however, Yarborough also said that the crop, overall, was around 10-15% larger than last season's.
Publication date: 9/5/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: