As the sustainable agriculture movement gains momentum, industry stakeholders are coming together to address the challenges of transparent and effective sustainability reporting. Taking place at the upcoming IFPA show this October in Anaheim, "One Single Yardstick - Sustainability Reporting with Stewardship Index for Specialty Crops," is set to showcase the potential of unified sustainability reporting and its positive impact on the supply chain.
This event will delve into the key concept of utilizing a single yardstick, SISC and the SISC Stewardship Calculator, for sustainability measurement and reporting. It is scheduled for Saturday, October 21, 2023, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. in Meeting Room 304D at IFPA Global Produce and Floral Show, Anaheim, California.
The current landscape is putting increasing pressure on growers, shippers and processors to enhance and disclose their sustainability efforts to potential buyers. While the intention to increase transparency holds immense benefits for the industry, the complexity of tracking, compiling, analyzing and reporting data poses a substantial burden on individual stakeholders.
The Stewardship Index for Specialty Crops (SISC) addresses this challenge by providing a set of standardized metrics for measuring sustainable and regenerative performance, specifically for specialty crops. With its cloud-based Stewardship Calculator, SISC helps growers, packers/shippers/processors and industry players establish internal sustainability initiatives while making tangible improvements in natural resource management on the ground.
- Discover SISC: Learn about the origins and purpose of SISC.
- Industry collaboration: Gain insights into the collaborative efforts across the specialty crop sector that led to the development of SISC.
- Streamlined measurement: Understand how SISC simplifies sustainability assessment through its Stewardship Calculator on CropTrak.
- Real-world applications: Hear from industry experts about how SISC can be used beyond reporting, supporting internal sustainability programs and driving improvements.
- Network and connect: Meet SISC members actively contributing to this solution.
Featured speakers and topics:
- Alison Edwards, executive director of SISC, will provide an overview of its mission, multi-stakeholder approach and its value as a measurement tool. She will also highlight the current buyers embracing SISC and how it can benefit companies and supply chain partners.
- Tamara Muruetagoiena, director of sustainability, International Fresh Produce Association will discuss why IFPA is a member of SISC and the value of SISC.
- Shawny Marsden, director of strategic innovation at CropTrak, will conduct a live demonstration of the SISC Calculator, showcasing its functionality for growers, packers/shippers/processors, brands and grower groups.
This event brings together key stakeholders in the specialty crop industry including growers, shippers, processors, brands and industry groups, to foster a comprehensive understanding of sustainable reporting practices.