Organto Foods Inc., a leading provider of organic and value-added organic fruit and vegetable products, today announced that it has partnered with Central Europe’s leader in e-grocery, to provide “I AM Organic” branded products and private label products for sale, initially in the Czech Republic.
- Founded in 2014, Central Europe’s longest established online retail grocer – currently operates in 4 countries and expanding into 3 new countries in 2022.
- Serviced 10 million orders to over 1 million customers in 2021.
- Currently garners a 70% market share of online grocery revenues in the Czech Republic.
- Organto to initially provide:
- “I AM Organic” branded assortment of fruits, vegetables, root products, herbs, and mushrooms.
- Private label banana, mango, avocado, lemon, lime, and asparagus.
- The initial launch commenced last week in the Prague area, with a targeted roll-out to the full Czech Republic over the next year.
Rients van der Wal, Co-CEO of Organto Foods Inc., and CEO of Organto Europe B.V. commented “We have grown our business and successfully launched our “I AM Organic®” brand in the Online Delivery category utilizing our proprietary digital passport technology. We feel that partnering with this highly respected Central European retail leader in e-grocery will allow us to further build on our mission of making organic fruits and vegetables available for every consumer, and in doing so, build our “I AM Organic” brand.
The demand for sustainable and transparent fresh organic fruits and vegetables continues to grow rapidly, and we are excited to continue building our business in this fast-growing category. By providing both branded and private label products, Organto will help this online grocery delivery innovator focus on and build out its organic fresh category.”
“This new retail listing leverages the strengths of both our companies in servicing today’s consumers whom we believe are demanding high-quality, convenient products with a transparent and engaging story. This retailer's unique customer experience is a combination of fast delivery, a large assortment, and great value for the consumers’ money. Orders are delivered within 90 minutes by electrically powered delivery vehicles or within 15-minute same-day time windows at pick-up points, with over 17,000 items to choose from and prices in line with brick-and-mortar competition. Just like Organto, our partner is focusing on meeting the world’s demands for healthy, sustainable food and making our customers' lives healthier and happier. We share a common objective of making great-tasting, high-quality food easily accessible through an innovative, engaging experience, while supporting the needs of a changing planet and its people. We share a common belief in our sustainability ambitions of respecting the environment, focusing on CO2 reduction, sustainable sourcing, and optimizing packaging to reduce food waste.” commented van der Wal.
For more information:
Organto Investor Relations