- Sales Representative Southeastern US
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Ein- und Verkäufer Obst
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- “We hoped to harvest more than 400 tons of early potatoes, but I'll be surprised if we get to harvest 150 tons”
- "We produce 70 tons of mushrooms per day"
- Eastern buyers prefer the taste of South African Grannies
- Berg River grape farm forgoes a packhouse for field packing
- Israeli farmer grows world's heaviest lemon
Top 5 - last month
- "I spent 10 years as a worker, now I manage 120 hectares of citrus fruit, stone fruit and strawberries"
- Tropical cyclone Freddy brings heavy rains in parts of South Africa
- "Consumers will happily pay two euros for a Mars bar or can of Coke but not for their veg”
- PM Hipkins learns that most Hawke’s Bay crops were uninsured
- Supermarkets limiting sales of veg per customer
Chile and Bolivia, main destinations for Piura's mango in the first week
Piura sent most of its mangoes to Chile and Bolivia in the first week of exports.
According to the exporters, so far, they have sent 176,953 six-kilogram boxes of mango to these two countries by land. Most of the fruit is sent by land to these two markets. The varieties shipped are the Haden, Edward, and Ataulfo varieties.
By air or by sea
The mango from Piura is also exported by air. So far, exporters have sent 19,000 boxes from the Jorge Chávez airport to Europe and the United States. The variety that is sent the most by air is the Edward mango.
Sea exports are made to Europe and the United States. In the first week, exporters sent 71,776 boxes.
According to the producers, they had a good production because of the cold weather and the coastal El Niño. However, they still don't know how the quality of the fruit is, as the ripening of the fruit has been delayed.
The harvest will start strongly in ten days and all farmers are eagerly waiting for the campaign.
Piura has approximately 20 thousand hectares of mango, 80% of which is located in the San Lorenzo Valley and the rest in Chulucanas. The main destination is the Netherlands, which consume more than 40% of production.
Since the demand for organic fruit is increasing in the Netherlands, producers from Piura are starting to cultivate organic mango, with no chemical inputs.
Last year, the kilo of fruit was quoted at $1.10 and the small companies were the ones that exported the most fruit, while bigger companies accounted for 48% of the market.
In the first three months of 2017 Peru exported a total of 111,997,498 kilos of mango at an FOB value of US $122'753,521. These figures exceed the 93,010,641 kilos exported in the same period of 2016.
Peru sends its mango to the United States (31%), the United Kingdom (8%), Spain (6%), and Canada (3%).
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-24 More dragon fruit from Ecuador breaks the market
- 2023-03-24 Rains damage 20,000 hectares of mangoes in NTR, Krishna and Eluru districts
- 2023-03-24 Record prices for the kaki from Ribera Alta
- 2023-03-24 "Kenya is a very powerful country that is increasingly present in the avocado market"
- 2023-03-24 Global avocado community heading to New Zealand
- 2023-03-24 Yucatan is first Mexican state to export mamey to Europe
- 2023-03-24 "Mango exports from Peru's Casma region drop heavily this week"
- 2023-03-24 Morocco may set a record in avocado exports, but the future of the industry is at risk
- 2023-03-24 Zespri forecasts drop of 15 million trays of kiwifruit this season
- 2023-03-24 “Our Alphonso farms have not been affected by rain as much as the Kesher farms”
- 2023-03-24 Thai durian exporter already blocked 100 containers before mid-April harvest start
- 2023-03-23 “Demand for Shiitake mushrooms dipped by the end of February”
- 2023-03-23 Brazil to authorize import of Mexican avocado before the end of 2023
- 2023-03-23 The sales of Peruvian mangoes remain fluid despite the economic context
- 2023-03-23 “We can count on Colombian avocados soon to be year-round”
- 2023-03-23 "First Tommy Atkins mangoes arrive on good market"
- 2023-03-23 Filipino durian growers content with export potential for their crop
- 2023-03-23 Indian mango exporters focus on Central Asia and US
- 2023-03-22 Johor: Durian prices might spike in upcoming season
- 2023-03-22 “The focus of Indian mango exporters is primarily on meeting the demand of international markets”