- Packing Supervisor
- International Account Manager
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- El Niño will probably add to misery of SA farmers
- Avocado consumption reduces total cholesterol and Ldl C
- Criminal ‘food sellers’ are posing problems in South Africa
- "I am destroying my celery because they humiliate us offering just a few cents"
- Pomegranate grower gets off expensive chemical carousel
Polish company explores more markets for apples
The firm offers only Polish apple varieties, such as Idared, Gloster or Gala, and works with supermarkets in various European countries, like Scandinavia, the Czech Republic and Hungary. In terms of volume, Prima 2000 delivers about 400 or 500 trucks per month, each carrying up to 20 tonnes.
In the company’s search for new markets, Prima 2000’s apples have actually found their way to Romania and other European countries, chosen not just because they are not too far, but also because there are many supermarkets and demand is increasing.
Furthermore, these markets have similar requirements. The only issue is that they require low prices.
When it comes to quality, Ms Sopel states that the season has only just started, so it is still too early to say, but what is clear is that while the weather has not been ideal, which may have an impact on quality, it is still better than expected.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-10-31 Apple grower Rockit hopes to see more orchards planted in New Zealand
- 2022-10-28 EU apples: Smaller fruit sizes and lower volumes due to drought and heatwave events
- 2022-10-27 Good campaign for Angelica di Romagna pears
- 2022-10-26 Ireland: locally-grown apples and pears hit Tesco shelves for first time in years
- 2022-10-25 Apple trade with China offers South Africa a welcome counterpoint to poor European pear sales
- 2022-10-24 Kenyan apple growers set out to expand global market share
- 2022-10-21 Apple grower-shipper focuses on thinking outside the box
- 2022-10-20 'British apples really are among the best in the world, but they need saving'
- 2022-10-19 "Good development of KIKU and EVELINA"
- 2022-10-18 "Sweet Sensation sales off to good start"
- 2022-10-17 "Electricity in Greece costs well over 100% more this season"
- 2022-10-14 “If we sold all of the apples now, we wouldn’t have any fruits later in the season”
- 2022-10-13 Blue Whale invests in Candine to win back young French and European consumers
- 2022-10-12 Yoichi Orchard: About 60 varieties of fruit crops, used for practical training and cutting-edge research
- 2022-10-11 “While Chilean and Brazilian apples failed in India last year, Poland and Turkey both did really well”
- 2022-10-10 Kanzi partners positive about new European season despite difficult market conditions
- 2022-10-07 Waimea Plains: Growers believe nitrate levels are affecting color of apples
- 2022-10-06 The Italian Samboa and Ambrosia apples will hit Asian markets soon
- 2022-10-05 "Given the current climate, we are working with our customers to ensure apples are still a regular purchase in every shopping basket."
- 2022-10-04 “We started packing apples at the same time that we’re picking them”