- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
Top 5 -last month
Macedonia: Biggest apple crop in the past 5 years
The apple crop is expected to be around 150 thousand tones, of which more than 100 thousand tones are from the region of Prespa.
Harvesting is almost at an end and varieties such as: Golden, Red Delicious, Granny Smith, Chadelle and Mutsu have already finished harvesting while the most important variety which counts approx. 80% of the country's total apple production, Idared, is still being picked.
Export also has already started in varieties such as Golden and Red Delicious, Granny Smith and Chadelle.
According to Besnik Osmani, from International Prespa Apples, prices for all varieties are approximate, except for Red Delicious clones (Red Chief and Red Cap) which are much more expensive, "growers are satisfied with the prices for the moment and expect more increases due to a big demand from our neighbors (Serbia, Bulgaria, Montenegro and Bosnia)."
The export for the main Iraqi market its expected to start in the late November.
For more information:
International Prespa Apples Trading Co.
Tel: +(389) 70 978-052
Skype ID: apples_macedonia
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-10-31 Apple grower Rockit hopes to see more orchards planted in New Zealand
- 2022-10-28 EU apples: Smaller fruit sizes and lower volumes due to drought and heatwave events
- 2022-10-27 Good campaign for Angelica di Romagna pears
- 2022-10-26 Ireland: locally-grown apples and pears hit Tesco shelves for first time in years
- 2022-10-25 Apple trade with China offers South Africa a welcome counterpoint to poor European pear sales
- 2022-10-24 Kenyan apple growers set out to expand global market share
- 2022-10-21 Apple grower-shipper focuses on thinking outside the box
- 2022-10-20 'British apples really are among the best in the world, but they need saving'
- 2022-10-19 "Good development of KIKU and EVELINA"
- 2022-10-18 "Sweet Sensation sales off to good start"
- 2022-10-17 "Electricity in Greece costs well over 100% more this season"
- 2022-10-14 “If we sold all of the apples now, we wouldn’t have any fruits later in the season”
- 2022-10-13 Blue Whale invests in Candine to win back young French and European consumers
- 2022-10-12 Yoichi Orchard: About 60 varieties of fruit crops, used for practical training and cutting-edge research
- 2022-10-11 “While Chilean and Brazilian apples failed in India last year, Poland and Turkey both did really well”
- 2022-10-10 Kanzi partners positive about new European season despite difficult market conditions
- 2022-10-07 Waimea Plains: Growers believe nitrate levels are affecting color of apples
- 2022-10-06 The Italian Samboa and Ambrosia apples will hit Asian markets soon
- 2022-10-05 "Given the current climate, we are working with our customers to ensure apples are still a regular purchase in every shopping basket."
- 2022-10-04 “We started packing apples at the same time that we’re picking them”