Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberriesOver the last few days, California has been experiencing significant rainfall as winter's dry conditions gives way to a very wet spring. This has been causing a few headaches for strawberry growers, as we are in the peak season for many regions in California, the very ones that are seeing the heavy rains.....
Zimbabwe government not worried by drought prospectsZimbabwe authorities are not disturbed by prospects of a looming drought. They say the country has enough grain from last year’s bumper harvest, with last year’s tonnage being the highest yield in two decades. It was the best agricultural season in many years, when Zimbabwe recorded some of its highest.....
Almonds & cherries affected most by California's cold springCalifornia was experiencing a warm winter until recently, when cooler temperatures and rain brought about a cold start to spring. While this has caused a slowdown in the production of numerous current crops, growers of spring crops are waiting to see as to what extent their crops have suffered. Almond and.....
Spain: horticultural companies leaving Murcia due to droughtThe drought of the last year and the predictions of lack of sufficient water have caused the reduction of open field vegetable growing areas in Murcia and, to a lesser extent, in certain areas of Alicante. This acreage decrease is more than 6,000 hectares.As reported by Murcia growers' association Proexport,.....
Questions raised on overpricing in wake of weather eventsWith the recent return to winter-like conditions in many of the current key vegetable growing areas, a reversal of supply opportunities has taken place. When California, Arizona and parts of Mexico experienced a warmer than average winter, production on many commodities boomed, resulting in lots of volume and.....
Italy: New cold front expectedFirst there was Buran, now temperatures have become spring-like. And a new cold front is expected to hit the country around 20th March lasting until Easter.A producer from Foggia reported that "because of the cold weather, we weren't able to harvest fennel, cauliflowers or broccoli. Fennel was protected by.....
Georgia blueberry crop significantly damaged by last week's coldUnseasonably cool temperatures passed through the southeastern United States late last week. Berry growers in both Florida and Georgia were on frost watch, and those in the northern blueberry growing areas have suffered damage to their crops. In Florida, temperatures approached freezing and growers in the.....
Average rainfall in Africa
Such a simple statistic - such an important element
Click here for a larger image