Job offersmore »
- Divisional Sales Manager - North-East United States
- Greenhouse Sales Manager Canada
- Horticulture Sales Specialist - U.S. & Canada
- Horticultural Lighting Technical Sales Representative – Central & Eastern US
- Head Grower Lettuce - Coaldale, Canada (AB)
- Sales Account Manager, Horticulture - United States
- Stellvertretender Betriebsleiter - Switzerland
- Sales Representatives - Europe/North Africa/Asia/United States of America
- Grower specialist lettuce and other leafy vegetables, Canada
- Head Grower, Co-Founder - Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Hundreds of thousands of kilograms of top fruit ready for destruction
- “Brazil the only country supplying mangoes to Europe all year round”
- Costa Rica finds its niche as Brazil tries to extend its season
- “It is almost impossible to market a new apple variety”
- Fresh Summit sets East Coast attendee record
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Workshop on fruit fly management held in Lebanon
On 15 October, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), in partnership with the Lebanese Ministry of Agriculture and the Agricultural Research Institute, held a workshop on the integrated management of fruit flies in Lebanon, within the framework of the technical project "Control.....
Xiamen intercepts package with harmful bacteria
According to the Xiamen Evening Newspaper, the Xiamen Inspection and Quarantine Bureau recently intercepted a one-time sending from the UK, containing seeds of 27 varieties, among which were large-leaf lupine, sweet corn and cosmos. In the laboratory, the sweet corn seeds tested positively for a harmful.....
Egypt: ''Frozen and fresh strawberries Hepatitis A-free''
Egypt’s Ministry of Climate Change and Environment has said that frozen strawberries originating from the country are, based on sampling, Hepatitis-free. Said to be the world’s fourth-largest strawberry producer, Egypt has been working on that answer since August.With its strawberry production pegged at $330.....
How long can a kiwi be stored?
Kiwi's are the kings of vitamin C. They are often bought for small children, pregnant women or the elderly, and everyone has the habit of buying those fruits that are firm, because they can be preserved longer. But recently, Mr. Gao, from Suzhou, bought a 'longevity' kiwi. It hasn't changed one bit after 138.....
Inspection station opened in Qinghai
Recently, an inspection station for food health and residual pesticides has opened in a Xining supermarket. It is the first inspection station to open in the province, where tests for food safety and traces of residual pesticides will be made on behalf of the citizens. The whole service is offered for free.....
Gert de Vries, Bessels Architekten, on food fraud:
“Food lends itself to fraud more than drug smuggling”
“Horse meat passing as beef, you could eat it, couldn’t you? And recycled frying fat from Chinese sewer drains, nothing wrong with that. It might not be the tastiest, but it probably won’t kill you, fat is fat.” With these deliberate questions, architect Gert de Vries once again showed a sliding scale in the.....
Public opinion against phytosanitary products
The demanding and restrictive European regulations, together with the negative perception the public has of phytosanitary products, complicate the registration of these products, on which the competitiveness of the Spanish fruit and vegetable sector currently relies. This has been pointed out by various.....