Job offersmore »
- Produce Quality Control Manager - United Arab Emirates
- Finance Manager - Côte d’Ivoire
- Grower - Lambton Shores, ON, Canada
- Planning and Logistics Manager - Lambton Shores, ON, Canada
- Sales Specialist Leek - Diegem, Belgium
- Salesperson - Western New York
- Grower Business Manager for North America - Ohio
- Global Technical Grower Advisor Propagation
- Technisch Specialist Field Crops - The Netherlands
- Commercial Sales Representative for Hydroponic Growing Systems and Greenhouse Packages - Lodi, Ohio
Top 5 - yesterday
- "No grower programme, no supply" concerns Chinese importers
- "We are promoting Seeka as both a New Zealand and Australian company."
- Iran gives boosts to Pakistani mango exports
- Lidl becomes fastest growing grocer | Shoprite eyeing other continents
- "The Brazilian market will grow exponentially in 10 years"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Global Focus — Greenhouse Vegetables
Grow Group Azerbaijan:
Azerbaijani horticulture thrives, with special thanks to Russian consumers and French technology
Oil and gas-rich Azerbaijan is emerging as a horticultural force to be reckoned with thanks to good investment opportunities for greenhouse growers, such as mild temperature in winters, high sun radiations, good export conditions to Russia and of course low energy costs. The Baku-based Grow Group Azerbaijan.....
Liang Ping, China:
250 acres of Pesticide-Free greenhouse tomatoes expected by May
In Chongqing City, Liangping County, in the town of Ansheng, the Haohua Vegetable Plantation has 250 acres of greenhouse tomatoes, yielding about 6,000 kilograms per acre, with an estimated output value of more than 3,000,000 yuan. The tomatoes are ready to market in May.The Haohua Vegetable Plantation plans.....
Rick Mengers, ZON fruit & vegetables:
"Reasonable asparagus price, considering the kilos harvested"
The asparagus season started early this year. "The production usually expected at the beginning of May are on the market at the moment. The outside cultivation is around two and a half weeks ahead of other years. We're peaking at the moment, and this will probably stay this way next week, after which the.....
Peter Damen, KCB:
Good basic quality for pepper, tomatoes good as usual
Peter Damen of the KCB says the basic quality of peppers at the moment is good. On the site he blogs: "On my rounds in week 17 I saw peppersthat were sorted into the class I-1. This supposed 'better part' of the class, this not what I found. The basic quality was fine, the sorting work was often not. Broken.....
18.07 Euro per hour
Minimum wage initiative in Swizerland: vegetables would become 25% more expensive
The union of Swiss Vegetable Producers (VSGP) and the 'Schweizer Bauernverband' (SBV) are guarding themselves against the minimum wage initiative, reports the Swiss website Schweizerbauer.ch. This initiative could make labour in Switzerland so much more expensive that extra vegetables would have to be.....
Thijs Jasperse, P8:
"With summer weather comes summer prices for peppers"
Although the Dutch pepper area is a little smaller than last season, the production is at a much higher level than usual due to the high temperatures and plentiful sunlight. Spain has also had a climatologically calm winter, so the Spanish product is also still on the market and areas such as Almeria is.....
Total production nearly 7%
Russian greenhouse vegetables increased in 2013
Russia’s greenhouse vegetable cultivation industry in 2013 is on the rise. The greenhouse vegetable production has increased by 6.7% in 2013 as compared with 2012. According to the Russian Federation National Bureau of Statistics, the total output growth rate is the highest in the region of Ural in 2013 with.....