Job offersmore »
- Divisional Sales Manager - North-East United States
- Greenhouse Sales Manager Canada
- Horticulture Sales Specialist - U.S. & Canada
- Horticultural Lighting Technical Sales Representative – Central & Eastern US
- Head Grower Lettuce - Coaldale, Canada (AB)
- Sales Account Manager, Horticulture - United States
- Stellvertretender Betriebsleiter - Switzerland
- Sales Representatives - Europe/North Africa/Asia/United States of America
- Grower specialist lettuce and other leafy vegetables, Canada
- Head Grower, Co-Founder - Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Hundreds of thousands of kilograms of top fruit ready for destruction
- “Brazil the only country supplying mangoes to Europe all year round”
- Costa Rica finds its niche as Brazil tries to extend its season
- “It is almost impossible to market a new apple variety”
- Fresh Summit sets East Coast attendee record
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Global Focus — Grapes
India: Grape exports on the rise
The state has exported 35,627.43 metric tonnes of grapes by March 25 in the current grape season, including 32,000 metric tonnes from Nashik district alone; which is 10,600 tonnes more than last year's export of 25,107.57 metric tonnes in the corresponding period.Grape export from Maharashtra in the current.....
China: Young entrepreneur growing grapes where some thought wasn't possible
In recent years, traditionally grown crops in the Midu countryside of the Dali Province are giving way to the grape industry. A quickly growing trend in the province.According to statistics, as of the end of 2013, the county’s grape industry has more than 5000 acres. Before 2010, grape growing in Midu was.....
Italy’s Giuliano, Chile’s Santa Elena, GESEX join group
Sun World names new grape marketer licensees
Sun World International, LLC has appointed three new grape marketer licensees – Giuliano Puglia Fruit of Puglia, Italy, Exportadora Santa Elena S.A. of Colina, Chile and GESEX S.A. of Buin, Chile – to distribute the California company’s licensed grapes.The appointments bring Sun World’s total marketer.....
Africa: Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA) talks with EU continue
Namibia will only sign the Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA) with the European Union (EU) after the conclusion of negotiations between EU and African leaders, set to take place in Brazil next month.This was revealed by President Hifikepunye Pohamba during his visit to Aussenkehr farms, following concerns.....
"Expect a sharp tapering-off of Indian grape supply"
The Indian grape harvest has suffered a lot of damage from rain and hail in the last couple of weeks, and there is still sporadic rain falling. Vikram Puri from exporter Mahindra said the Indian volume would be down by at least about 500 containers this season and if there is more bad weather, that amount.....
Chilean table grape faces new challenges
The 2014 grape season has proved strange, as different crop varieties have been ready to harvest between ten days and two weeks in advance. Furthermore, the harvest has also been reduced from a three-week window to about ten days, which poses new challenges for the producers of Chile's leading fruit for.....
Italy: South African grapes available between January and May
"The main dealers of South African grapes in the Bologna wholesale market have a wide variety of produce available, although none of it is certified organic," explains Roberto Piazza, director of Fedagromercati Acmo."There are Thomson, Sugraone and Vittoria white grapes, DBH (Den Ben Hannah) red-black grapes.....