Job offersmore »
- Greenhouse Sales Manager - United States
- IPM & Pollination Specialist - Belgium / Western Europe
- Assistant Grower - Delta, B.C., Canada
- Marketing-sales Managers for Asia and UK
- Head of Culture - Québec, Canada
- Technician - Italy
- Head Grower and Production Manager - Niagara on the Lake
- Key Account Manager - Horticulture LED Solutions - Australia
- Crop manager seed production - Vietnam
- Postharvest Technical Support Advisor - UK
Top 5 - yesterday
- "Club varieties are no longer defining, retail will introduce exclusive varieties themselves"
- Research: Aldi and Lidl are set to benefit most from Brexit
- Pakistan: Mango exports up 16%
- Naïo Technologies launches robotic weeder for large vegetable farms
- "Baby bananas are more popular in Europe than in the US"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Special — South Africa
Huge increase in demand for the ready to eat avocados
South African avocado grower/importer Halls is expecting the first main arrivals of South African avocados this week into Rotterdam. Greg Vicherat said that small volumes had arrived in week 13 but week 14 would see the start of the main volumes.Halls currently have over 1400 hectares of avocados under.....
South Africa to Monsanto:
GMO crops aren’t producing more sustainable food
South Africa’s Advertising Standards Authority has ordered biotech giant Monsanto to immediately withdraw an advertisement it’s been running on the country’s Radio 702 channel. The decision comes after the African Centre for Biosafety submitted a complaint to the ASA after the ad was aired and found to be.....
“South Africa; making a difference with fruit”
UK school children make South African collage to help South African school
The South African fruit industry is asking schoolchildren around the UK to design a collage on farming in South Africa – and help schools in the country in the process.The Help a South African School competition invites classes to put together a beautiful collage with the title: “South Africa; making a.....
Career fairs in South Africa underline need for students pursuing agriculture
In an effort to establish a skilled workforce within the fresh produce industry, the Produce Marketing Association Foundation for Industry Talent will partner with Stellenbosch University (SU) and the University of Pretoria (UP) to host two South Africa Agri-Food Career and Bursary Fairs. The events come at.....
First organic pomegranates arils directly from South Africa
Ganico has teamed up with Adel Fresh Fruit to export the first organic arils from South Africa. The organic arils will be marketed under the Ganico brand to Europe, Canada and the Far East. As 2014 will be the first harvesting season, the expected volume is to be 5 tons of arils, which are packed in 75g.....
South African Cheeky pear a hit in Eurpoe
The family of South African bred pears has a new addition, Cheeky®! Bred and Developed by Agricultural Research Council within South Africa and marketed and commercialized by Culdevco (Pty) Limited.The new red blush pear variety is currently being grown on 350 hectares in the Western Cape. "At the moment.....
John Mac Donald, Safmarine
"Shipping is a bit like a good marriage, you can't always win"
South African shipping company Safmarine started out way back in 1946 with the first ship arriving from North America at Cape town. From these humble beginnings Safmarine now offers 12 different services a week in and out of Southern Africa alone.Safmarine now operates out of Cape Town, Durban, Port.....