Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Database helps track pesticides in agricultureThe complexity of the global produce industry doesn't just apply to the logistics of exporting and importing produce. Different regions have their own guidelines regarding which pesticides can be used, and that can pose troubles for those not up to date on each region's regulations. For that, Homologa, offers a solution.
Countries product registration
Homologa is a database that tracks approved pesticides, maximum residue levels allowed and other information related to the global produce trade from countries around the globe. It is a password protected database that can be accessed online with an annual subscription.
Countries Mrl's and Codex
The service offers global coverage with information from the majority of countries in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. In addition to strong geographical coverage, Homologa also boasts a wide representation across different product sectors. Currently, they have information on fruits, vegetables, cereals, oilseeds, tropical crops, fodder crops and ornamentals. There is also an Alert System, which warns if things change.
Access can be acquired for particular sectors and the information can be obtained both online and through emailed reports which can be used off-line.
For more information:
Ir. R. Verweij
3800 AA Amersfoort
Tel: +31 614 288 777
Publication date: 7/16/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: