Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Canada: Jealous Fruit to commence cherry harvest in July
Blossom season was slightly later than normal timing this year, and Jealous Fruit expect to begin harvest by mid July. They say they experienced warm weather during bloom, making for a good crop set with excellent cell division. This will equate to strong fruit sizing. The cherries are now at the green fruit stage, and it is possible to closely estimate potential volume. There is a very nicely balanced crop load, not overset, with a perfect leaf to fruit ratio. With these conditions, this year's fruit firmness and sugars are anticipated to be especially strong .
Temperatures this past week have been 20 to 22C, with plenty of sunshine and more in the forecast for the upcoming week.
Harvest of the early varieties is expected to begin July 10th to 12th and there are expectations that the main harvest will start with Lapins approximately July 25th. Sweethearts are estimated to start on August 5th, with Staccatos starting August 15th. From July 25th onward, there will be a full, continuous supply through to the end of the season, expected this year to be September 2nd to 5th. Overall volume is expected to increase slightly over 2011. Our high elevation, late ripening cherries will be available for end of summer, Labour Day promotions!
Sweetheart / thick green stems already
Further updates on the crop development will be sent out on a regular basis leading up to harvest, with weekly updates during harvest.
For more information please contact email@example.com
Publication date: 5/28/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: