Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- AU: Some WA Strawberry growers forecast average production despite TPP
- Germany: Substantial price increases for Spanish imported vegetables
- "Hopefully 2018 will be a better year for avocados than 2017"
- Ukraine: Blueberry demand still growing faster than supplies
- Opening of apple season in Eastern Free State, South Africa
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: New film can double shelf lifeEvap Environmental Packaging is a new patented product - a packaging film with unique properties that extends the shelf life of fresh produce. The film is also biodegradable and compostable and is suitable for a variety of different applications.
The film is a special blend of food substrates which is perforated to allow gases produced by the fruit and vegetables to escape via a controlled filter system. The film is perforated using a laser system which can be specially calibrated for individual products.
According to internal tests the shelf life of fresh produce can be extended by 12-14 days, a huge gain for retailers. The new packaging has been used on Jersey Royal potatoes in Asda and Tesco with great results.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: