Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: New film can double shelf lifeEvap Environmental Packaging is a new patented product - a packaging film with unique properties that extends the shelf life of fresh produce. The film is also biodegradable and compostable and is suitable for a variety of different applications.
The film is a special blend of food substrates which is perforated to allow gases produced by the fruit and vegetables to escape via a controlled filter system. The film is perforated using a laser system which can be specially calibrated for individual products.
According to internal tests the shelf life of fresh produce can be extended by 12-14 days, a huge gain for retailers. The new packaging has been used on Jersey Royal potatoes in Asda and Tesco with great results.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: