Job offersmore »
- Inside Sales Coordinator - USA
- Sales Engineer, Water - The Netherlands
- Crop care supervisor - Australia
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- GENERAL / FARM MANAGER - India
- Grower / Ag scientist - Australia
- Technical/ Product Representative, Russia
- Technical/ Product Representative, India
- Retail Chain Manager - Russia
- Business Advisor - China
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: New film can double shelf lifeEvap Environmental Packaging is a new patented product - a packaging film with unique properties that extends the shelf life of fresh produce. The film is also biodegradable and compostable and is suitable for a variety of different applications.
The film is a special blend of food substrates which is perforated to allow gases produced by the fruit and vegetables to escape via a controlled filter system. The film is perforated using a laser system which can be specially calibrated for individual products.
According to internal tests the shelf life of fresh produce can be extended by 12-14 days, a huge gain for retailers. The new packaging has been used on Jersey Royal potatoes in Asda and Tesco with great results.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: