Job offersmore »
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
- Category Manager – Avocado & Mango Australia
- International Buyer exotics (Spanish speaking) - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Will Teeuwen (Teboza):
Netherlands: "Price dip asparagus due to high temperatures in Eastern Europe"The asparagus market is in a technical price dip at the moment. "It happens about once a year. The enthusiasm for asparagus is there, but there's just more supply than demand," says Will Teeuwen of Teboza. The prices of double-A asparagus are between 3 and 3.50 Euro at the moment. Will still has faith that the prices will find their way up.
"The total supply isn't even hugely high, but due to the warm days in the past few weeks, asparagus has been arriving from fields that hardly produced anything until now", explains Will. "I also think the high temperatures in East-Europe are an important cause of this decrease in price. This means people in South and East Germany, Poland, and Hungary are putting more asparagus on the market."
For more information:
5988 NW Helden
Tel: +31 - (0) 77 307 14 44
Fax: +31 - (0) 77 307 73 98
Publication date: 5/21/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: