Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
- Product Development and R&D Engineer (Greenhouse and Equipment) - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Thai supermarket to support small lychee growersLychee fruit from the Mae Jai district is now available at Tops Supermarket, one of the largest retail chains in Asia. They support an initiative to support Thailand's small growers in conjunction with the Faculty of Agriculture, Chiang Mai University and a Lychee Growers Group.
Tops Supermarket brings more than 10 tonnes of lychee fruit with QR Codes, to ensure full traceability, courtesy of Chiang Mai University.
Two clinical studies conclude that the lychee fruit prevents the growth of cancer cells. Lychee contains flavonoids agents in its pulp which prove very effective against breast cancer in particular. The Zhejiang Gonshang University and the West China Hospital at Sichuan University in China conducted the studies.
Another health benefit of the lychee fruit is that it is a great source of vitamin C, a vitamin that the body does not produce naturally. Vitamin C helps the body to fight heart disease and cancer. Vitamin C is good for bones, skin and tissue.
Source: Mae Jai Lychee Grower Community Enterprise
Publication date: 5/14/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: