Job offersmore »
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Thai supermarket to support small lychee growersLychee fruit from the Mae Jai district is now available at Tops Supermarket, one of the largest retail chains in Asia. They support an initiative to support Thailand's small growers in conjunction with the Faculty of Agriculture, Chiang Mai University and a Lychee Growers Group.
Tops Supermarket brings more than 10 tonnes of lychee fruit with QR Codes, to ensure full traceability, courtesy of Chiang Mai University.
Two clinical studies conclude that the lychee fruit prevents the growth of cancer cells. Lychee contains flavonoids agents in its pulp which prove very effective against breast cancer in particular. The Zhejiang Gonshang University and the West China Hospital at Sichuan University in China conducted the studies.
Another health benefit of the lychee fruit is that it is a great source of vitamin C, a vitamin that the body does not produce naturally. Vitamin C helps the body to fight heart disease and cancer. Vitamin C is good for bones, skin and tissue.
Source: Mae Jai Lychee Grower Community Enterprise
Publication date: 5/14/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: