Job offersmore »
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
Top 5 - yesterday
- South Africa: "Farming with grapes is a sprint, citrus is a marathon."
- Photos reveal Del Monte's new pink pineapple
- Colombia: Chiquita accused of crimes against humanity
- Greek producers are great trading partners for Poland
- "The PGI will strengthen our expansion project for Canary bananas in Europe"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Honduras: Mike's Melons Food Safety gives confidenceConsidering the recent foodborne disease cases that have been linked to the fruit industry, people are getting more concerned about what they eat. They start to get worried about the possibility of getting ill while they try to maintain a healthy diet. It is in reality a difficult scenario. What needs to be done to increase the confidence of customers?
For Agrolibano, Food safety is a top priority. It is not only a methodology they have adopted, but a way of life practised each day in operations, focused on preventing, or at the very least minimizing safety hazards in thier processes.
Recent food poisoning cases that have been linked to other fruits have reinforced this perception and confirmed to the company that their efforts on food safety are the right thing to do.
Agrolibano have created the Mike's Melons Food Safety Program in response to the food safety challenges faced by the industry. The program is audited and certified by external and third party auditors including; direct audits performed by customers’ technical staff and by a qualified permanent inspector from the government.
Within the list of certification are; Global Gap, USGAP, USGMP, HACCP, BRC, Tesco Nurture, Field to Fork and FDA.
For more information:
Keny Giancarlo Molina
Tel: +504 2781-2186, Ext. 231
Mob: +504 9512 - 1294
Publication date: 5/2/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: